Patents Workshop and Career path - V.O. Patents & Trademarks
- Joining this event is not possible anymore
About this event
- Business and Acquisition Committee
- Date and time
- Apr 14, 2021 17:00 - 19:00
Patents and patent applications contain crucial information about all sorts of relevant innovations. Many scientific research projects are patented, and information derivable from patents can therefore be a major asset to your (academic) research. However, the legal wording and specific structure of patents can make it challenging to extract relevant information from them. Consequently, information derivable from patents is currently not used to its full potential in academic research.
During the career opportunities event (Wednesday, 14 April 2021; 17:00) Blijke Kroezen from V.O. Patents & Trademarks specialized in Chemistry and Life Sciences offers a practical workshop dedicated to searching and browsing though patent literature. In this workshop, we will give you some quick tips and tricks that can really help you to extract the information you need in a quick and efficient manner.
The activity will contain the following topics:
- Introduction of Blijke Kroezen
- Introduction about V.O.
- An overview of the day-to-day practice of a patent attorney, including the way to become a patent attorney and about the three year traineeship.
- A small workshop about how to use patent information for your own research. This workshop is meant to give some quick tips and tricks about how to extract relevant information from patents, since patents are often experienced as difficult to read for people that are not familiar with its language and structure. Regarding your own bacherlor’s or master’s research this may be quite useful.
Please login to view all participants