First Year Excursion - Suikerunie
- Joining this event is not possible anymore
About this event
- Board 2019 - 2020
- Date and time
- Dec 6, 2019 13:30 - 18:00
- Fabriekslaan 12, 9745 AG Groningen
Dear first years,
Just outside of the city of Groningen is a small township called Vierverlaten, where you can find the factory of Suiker Unie. Here, granulated sugar is generated from sugar beets. Are you a first year student who wants to find out more about this process? Then join this excursion! We will meet at the Nijenborgh then bike to the factory together for an excursion. Prepare for a lecture, some walking and a tour through the factory and factory grounds.
There are some rules that have to be followed for this excursion:
1) You CANNOT go on the excursion if you have a pacemaker.
2) Don't wear shoes with heels or smooth soles.
3) You are NOT allowed to take any photos or videos on the factory grounds. Use of a mobile telephone is also NOT allowed during the tour.
4) It is vital that you bring a VALID ID with you, or you will not be allowed onto the factory grounds.
Afterwards there we will go back to Zernike and order some pizza. If you are interested in this please say so during your subscription.
Please login to view all participants