Education Support Centre
The staff of the FSE Education Support Centre (ESC) provides support to students and the teachers. Staff members of the ESC are academic advisors, degree programme coordinators, schedulers, exchange coordinators, student administration and secretaries. Their support involves:
● Providing information for students and prospective students about the teaching programme;
● Helping students with study-related problems;
● Organizing registration for course units and examinations;
● Administering examination results and degree certificates;
● Compiling timetables of lectures and examinations;
● Providing information about studying abroad and financial support;
● Formulating and implementing education policy;
● Conducting and processing surveys in the field of teaching quality assurance;
● Supporting the Programme Committees and Board of Examiners.
Education Support Desk
The Education Support Desk (ESD) is the ESC’s front office. Please feel free to contact the ESD via e-mail or phone, or drop by during opening hours. You may visit the ESD for the following kind of matters:
● To hand in programme-related forms or documents;
● To get a certified transcript of records (free of charge);
● In case of questions about the processing of grades in ProgRESS WWW;
● In case of enrolment problems in ProgRESS WWW;
● If you have questions about graduation.
More information about the Education Support Centre can be found here.
The Academic Advisor is responsible for helping you with questions related to your studies. If you have a problem and you are not sure who knows the answer, it is best to ask the Academic Advisor, as they have the answer or know somebody who does. You can either email the Academic Advisor or book an appointment with them, if this is preffered. To see who the current Academic Advisors are and to book an appointment, click here.
Board of Examiners
The Board of Examiners is responsible for ensuring the quality of assessment procedures, ensuring that examinations and final assessments proceed satisfactorily and for judging whether individual students have fulfilled the requirements for the award of the degree certificate. The Board of Examiners is formed by three staff members and is appointed by the Faculty Board.
You can send in a request to the Board of Examiners to, for example,:
- Change your study programme;
- Be able to make a non-scheduled examination;
- Make use of special facilities in case of performance disability, a handicap or illness.
To see more information on the Board of Examiners and/or to file a request, click here. You should always contact the Academic Advisor before sending in a request. The Board of Examiners can be contacted via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Service Centre
If you have questions that are not related to your programme but are related to your studies, can you contact the Student Service Centre. They can support you with efficient studying and they can help you if you have a learning disorder. More information can be found here.
International Exchange Office
The International Exchange Office assists students who want to go abroad. They also help international students when they study here for a short period of time. If you are interested in going abroad during your studies, you can contact them here.
International Welcome Center North
The Interanational Welcome Center North is an organisation which helps international students with different matters they encounter when moving to the Netherlands. They can help with matters like getting a work permit, taxes, banking and housing. Their website can be found here.